The Top Pickup Artist Forum On The Internet: Fast Seduction 101

Home | 

Re: ]Brain research = Chick Logic insight!

mASF post by beh***[email protected]***.com[ ? ]

<< Home ... < Relevance Matches ... "seduction e-books"

Re: ]Brain research = Chick Logic insight!
You can search for more articles and discussions like this on the rest of this web site.

Acronyms used in this article can be looked up on the acronyms page.  To get involved in discussions like this, you can join the mASF discussion forum at fastseduction.com/discussion. [posts in this section may be edited, but only for spelling corrections and readability]

mASF post by "beh***[email protected]***.com[ ? ]"
posted on: USENet: alt.seduction.fast newsgroup, December 12, 2000

In article <3A4***[email protected]***.com[ ? ]>,
[email protected] wrote:
> Maniac, thanks for bringint this topic up. This makes VERY good sense
> to me and explains why for the past few years while I've been away from
> art, my woman skills deteriorated and now I have to "work" at it (which
> I don't like, I'd rather it all be natural). I think in the past I
> recommended a couple of non-seduction specific books which not only
> provide a means to learn how to draw or appreciate art but also to get
> into states where you can "awaken" the right brain.
>
> "Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain" by Dr. Betty Edwards
> "Drawing on the Artist Within" also by Dr. Betty Edwards
>
> For example, one excercise in learning how to draw from life is to look
> at the inverse silhouette (negative space) of an object. A vase with
> flowers, for example. Instead of looking at the vase and the flowers
> and drawing *THAT* on your sketch pad, look at the inverse silhouetted
> shapes (the open air) between those things. Look at the various shapes
> and curves created in the negative space and their distance
> relationships to each other. After a little while, once you are in the
> "right brain" zone, you will stop seeing a vase with flowers and instead
> see all the interesting shapes and lines and colors that make up the
> visual image in front of you.
>
> In fact, that's what I think a bunch of guys here should try and report
> back on. I'm REALLY curious how well people can understand this
> concept. Here's the excercise (should only take 10-20 minutes):
>
> Get a sketch pad or a couple sheets of blank paper, a pencil (or pen),
> and an eraser (if you feel the need). Then, get some kind of object
> like I described above, the more interesting the object, the better.
> Inanimate object is best (don't try to draw your cat). Sit the object
> about 8-12 feet in front of you.
>
> -- On the first piece of paper, just try to draw the object the way you
> normally would. Spend about 5-10 minutes on it until you feel "done" or
> you become too frustrated to get it right. Don't draw a cartoon of the
> object, or what you THINK it looks like, try to reproduce it exactly.
>
> -- On the second piece of paper, again, draw the object but THIS time,
> look at the NEGATIVE space. This might be a bit tough at first but
> imagine a photo negative and try to SEE the shapes making up the space
> in between the components of the object, their relationship to each
> other, the distances from each other. Use your thumb stretch out in
> front of you as a reference to the size relationships of those shapes.
> Also look at the negative space AROUND the object. Pay attention to how
> those lines and curves form around the other shapes. Don't worry about
> getting the drawing "right" or "wrong" simply reporduce those things you
> see. Spend 5-10 minutes on it. More if you find yourself having fun.
>
> When you're done, compare the 2 images you'sve drawn and notice the
> difference. Notice that the one that will please you the most will be
> the second drawing. Why? Because you relieved your left brain (which
> is the logical, mathematical side) from the burden of having to
> accomplish a right-brain (visual, spacial) task. Also, as you look at
> those 2 images, try to imagine the differnt states you were in. I bet
> you'll be able to describe the first state better than the second but
> you'll instictually know that the second state FELT better.
>
> I know this about those states for a fact because that's the kind of
> state I get into when immersed in doing artwork. That is the state
> Maniac is describing and it is making me think that there night be some
> excercises that can be acnhored mentally in order to bubble up this
> state on-the-fly.

Man, I don't know. I have nothing against the left-right brain half theory
(which is not a theory anymore, I think),
but this experiment seems to me like bullshit.
It has much to do with drawing and stuff which is very subjective and also
there is a problem with drawing something and then drawing something similar
again. Of course will the other one be better.And that "try to imagine..."
sounds like patterning to me, hahaha.

Well anyway, I don't want to
throw away your point. There are many experiments that affirm what you guys
talk about. The point here is how we can use this information, how we can
exploit it?


Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/


Unless otherwise noted, this article is Copyright©2000 by "beh***[email protected]***.com[ ? ]" with implicit permission provided to FastSeduction.com for reproduction. Any other use is prohibited without the explicit permission of the original author.

 

 Learn The Skills StoreStore
Learn Pickup By Watching